Friday, September 10
12:00pm: Fall is for Planting
The autumn months are the best times of the year to install new trees and shrubs in your home landscape. While the temperatures are cold, the roots will continue to grow, helping the plants become established, thus they will have better resistance to the heat and dry conditions of the following summer. Proper planting is essential to them surviving and thriving. Presentation given by Timothy Daly, County Extension Agent, UGA Extension Gwinnett.
2:00pm: Clint Harp
Clint Hart is a husband, dad, carpenter, business owner, TV personality, author, and speaker who's on a journey which he never could have dreamed up. He could be found for all 5 seasons of the HGTV hit show Fixer Upper as the dumpster diving, reclaimed wood loving carpenter building whatever renowned designer Joanna Gaines could dream up.
Saturday, September 11
11:00am: Clint Harp (see Friday's schedule for details)
2:00pm: Deck Safety Panel and Presentation
An estimated 70% of homeowners in Atlanta have serious safety issues with their decks. See experts talk about the problems and the solutions.
Panel of professional experts:
- Presenter and moderator will be Stan Garnet, Builders America, Inc. General Contractor, Certified ASHI and IRC code certified Inspector.
- Brian Blackwood, Residential Specialist for Simpson Strong-tie
- Heath Bowman, President of NADRA Atlanta (North American Deck and Rail Association)
- Steven Holder, President of Metro Atlanta Inspector Association
- Mark Galey, past President of NARI (National Association of the Remodeling Industry)
- Frank Cooper, ASHI Georgia Past President (American Society of Home Inspectors)
- Lyle Harp, President of Builders America, Inc.